Me

Me
TheTableTopTrixta

Tuesday 7 December 2010

The Project

Character is who you are when no one is watching.

So this is it, just finished the contract at the restaurant where i have been performing for 2.5 years (Friday Night Magic is no longer RIP baby) Its time to move on to the next project for TheTableTopTrixta, a project which i will formally name 'Projectstreetshow' this is something I've wanted to do since my days at Drama School performing installation pieces in the centre of Melton (oh lord what a place)

So lets set some aims and objectives -
1 - To take my Magic out onto the streets, like my Grandfather did in the late 1800's
2 - Perform a great show
3 - Make the audience put their hard earned money in my hat.

Why do I want to do this, well to be honest I'm sick of performing  indoors I've done way to much, i want to take my show to those who don't get to go to posh ball's and events. The world is a stage and i want to damn well use it.

I fully understand that this is not going to be easy, but I've been performing for 16 years now I believe in myself and that is the main thing. Strength lies in belief, belief lies within *that is my quote*

I'm entering the research phase, I've been watching a great deal, Charlie Caper (amazing) Gazzo (brilliant) Peter Wardell (amazingly brilliant) to name but a few.

I have already created a few tricks to work with on the street, some taken from my stand up comedy set and some taken from my 'stupid, over thinking all the time, damn brain' but what i don't have right now is an ACT with a start middle and the all important end. I don't want to become a clone, I don't want to be a rude busker as that's not my style and to be honest i hate it. I once saw a old guy in San Fran doing a sidewalk show, he showed me some not very good tricks (i said nothing throughout) after he was very rude in extracting a dollar from me, i would have given him 5!

anyway I'm off 'prop hunting' Christmas is coming and for all you nine to fiver's, here is a nice excuse to use on your boss this festive season 'Sorry I'm late boss, i couldn't find number 7 on my advent calender

No comments:

Post a Comment