Me

Me
TheTableTopTrixta

Saturday 11 December 2010

Dearest sponge, are you good enough.

"IT'S BETTER TO GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING, THEN TO STAY HOME AND PLAN SOMETHING!

Above is something i read in a blog by US sideshow legend Jimmy Talksalot, I've been reading alot of his tales from the street lately. So I went out and tried something. Remember I'm still in the research phase, tying out effects that I've been performing for 15 years in doors on the street.

Last night December 10th I was out in Leicester Square, its was 8pm and the place was buzzing, i took out with me a deck and my trusty sponge balls. For years by sponge routine has been wonderful for my business, in fact, if pushed i would say it is the one trick that has bought me more replete bookings then any other trick. I thought it could be great to use to build a crowd, it never fails to get screams. I'm not going to go into my routine as I'm pretty protective about it, but what i will say is that it gets about four people involved and ends with 9 balls popping out of a females hand. Why a females hand well its simple they scream and screaming raises awareness and informs the other spectators that you are good.

OK so i based myself in the doorway of nightclub 'Sound' prior to their doors opening, i managed to lure 2 females into my performance area, told them who i was and immediately asked for both of them to extend their hands and handed them each a sponge ball. They were interested, they went with it. Now my sponge routine runs for about 3/4 minutes, after about 2 minutes i noticed that there was already a crowd of about 8-12, it was working all seemed interested, the finally went down as always and i moved towards the 'newcomers' i performed a couple of simple tricks for them and then thanked them and moved on. It was never about putting on a show it was research and I think Ive found my crowd build

Dearest Sponge, you were good enough, thank you kindly, TheTableTopTrixta

No comments:

Post a Comment