Me

Me
TheTableTopTrixta

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Tricks and Trains

OK lets set the scene, I'm sat on the 2255 from London to Northampton, i'm starving, I had to work late. went straight from work to London to see my buddy and amazing magician from LA, Patrick Heitkam (we shall get to that story)

so i stayed an extra 10 minutes in the pub, leaving me with no other option but to embark in the dreaded late night tube station dash for the train, the kind where you don't really want to run as you would look like a bit of a tool, so you walk, fast, really fast, like a madman. Ok i rushed, i made it, hurray

Now the problem was, i missed dinner, come to think of it i missed lunch, I'm starving. No bother I'll have some toast when i get home, I thought. No dramas.

BUT THERE IS A DRAMA, the train is ramo and the couple sat opposite are eating Burger king, I can smell the deliciousness of the double whopper, i can see that brown bag I'm fully aware that inside that bag lie some delicious, warm slightly limp fries, probably at the perfect eating temperature, all salty mmmm,

Now, would it be wrong to dip my hand and grab a handful, would that be too far, too much?

Can it get any worse OH YES, the guy left HALF A BURGER WTF, there are starving kids in Africa, for the love of God, there is a staving Ashley's on this very train. SELFISH, I hate him.

Anyway, lets get onto the reason i have actually powered up my mac, I want to tell you about a magic trick!

Ok first let  me explain, its very rare for a Magician to be fooled, its so sad. You probably don't realise that a Magician will never get that feeling, the wonder, that all expenses trip back to childhood. (kinda sad really) The reason is, we know methods, we know tricks its just one of those things you sacrifice for being a Magician.

BUT tonight, Patrick Heitkam, my friend and bad ass Magician from LA, killed me. Here's how it went

Girl (Helen) thought of card

Girl cut deck ANYWHERE

Girl cut to HER THOUGHT OF AND NAMED CARD

he did not touch, did not alter, did not shuffle

Yes the deck was normal

Pure, delightful, powerful wonder!

Let me tell you right now, that trick, that feeling i had, that wonder, the sheer joy, was better then any deliciously wonderful burger.

ok thats it, another thought another blog

No comments:

Post a Comment